London Permaculture Festival
Sunday 30th July 2017 • 11am- 6pm
Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent’s Park Road, London NW1 7AY
Tickets cost £6/£4 concessions • Under 18s free • Only available on the door
Come along for workshops (intro and advanced), ‘how-to’ sessions, films, a stalls market and a ‘families at the festival’ zone. Enjoy discussions, networking and learning about creative solutions for a sustainable, healthy future.
Growing a movement: 25 years of Permaculture magazine
Permaculture Magazine was launched 25 years ago – the 25th anniversary issue will be launched at the London Permaculture Festival. Lucy Purdy, editor of Positive News has interviewed Maddy Harland, editor of the magazine. You can read the article here:
Watch the video for a taster of what happens at the festival:
Workshops in 2017 include:
- Maddy Harland: Permaculture & the climate opportunity
- Mark Ridsdill Smith: Growing food without a garden – the six secrets to success in container growing
- Andy Goldring: Permaculture, Sociocracy and Changing the world
- Tomas Remiarz: Forest gardening in practice for homes, communities and enterprises
- Kevin Mascarenhas: Business as a living system inspired by natural patterns
- Mary Rawlinson: Building with Straw Bales
- Robin Grey & Rachel Rose Reid: A music, poetry and storytelling circle on land and housing rights from the 3 Acres and a Cow team
- Alex Laird: Living medicine: Self care with food & herbs
- Ben Cullen: OLIO: Join the digital food sharing revolution
- Mich Thill: Permaculture livelihoods
- Chloe Anthony: Introduction to permaculture design
- Sue Amos: Composting for urban gardeners
- Cecilia Litvinoff, Pamela Adams & Nomalanga: Making permakids green, organic and fearless
- Nat Mady: Introduction to permaculture
- Les Moore: Sociocracy – the age of consent
- Randy Mayers: Introduction to permaculture
- Ian Westmoreland: Making your own solar panels
- Mary Spyrou: Natural dyeing
- Coco: Tyre Furniture Skills
- Decibel Mbatika: People Care – Putting the Community in Community Gardens
- Kamal Simpson: Nature storytelling
- Cafe Cairo at the Festival
- Garden tours of Cecil Sharp House Permaculture Learning and Demonstration garden
- Permablitz London Live!
- Families at the Festival
- Face painting
- Nature storytelling
- Garden trail
- Natural dyeing of fabrics
- Nature art
- Mini beasts
- and much more!
We rely on volunteers for the annual London Permaculture Festival to happen. Typically, about 50 volunteers work to put it on each year. If you would like to get involved please click here to send us a message.
There will be meetings at Cecil Sharp House from 7.00pm-8.30pm.
The meetings are approximately weekly and will be on
- Wednesday 26th July
Help would be particularly appreciated with the cakestall and on the London Permaculture Network stall at the festival.